Return to the main index

          CUFON - UFO Information Service Seattle, Washington

                 History of UFO's During World War II

During world war II the accumulation of sightings of mysterious celestial
objects, finally started to worry the military authorities.

In both camps, high-ranking officials of the intelligence services started to
study these strange objects and investigation committees composed of military
and scientific personnel were set up in various countries. They had a double
purpose: first of all to determine the nature of these flying objects and then
to see if they constituted a threat to the security of the nation.

During world war II, the Allies, just like the Germans, noticed the presence
of these enigmatic flying objects above their secret bases. The first reaction
of each side was obviously to suspect espionage on the part of their enemy.

In 1943 the English were the first to set up a special group to enquire into
the question of these object.  The British set up a small organization to
collect evidence. It was headed by Lieutenant General Massey and was inspired
by reports from a spy who, in fact was a double agent operating under the
orders of the Mayor of Cologne. He had comfirmed that the "Foo-fighters" were
not German devices, but that the Germans thought that they were Allied weapons
which, of course, the British knew was not so.

Later in 1966, was learned from the British Aviation Minister that project
Massey had been officially classified in 1944. Perhaps it was pure
coincidence, but the double agent was denounced and executed at the beginning
of that year. For their part the Germans did not remain inactive. But in 1944,
the Wehemacht asked Oberkommando of the "Luftwaffe (aviation)" to set up a
center to collect information on all the various sightings of these mysterious
celestial object.

This was known as Sonderburo No 13 which, until the time of the German defeat
scrupulously applied itself to its job. The short time that this commission
was in existence prevented it from coming to any definite conclusions, but it
collected an impressive amount of information.

The first sighting, studied by the Sonderburo, went back two year and came
from a Hauptmann Fischer, an engineer in civil life. On March 14,1942, at 5:35
p.m., Fischer landed at the secret air base at Banak, in Norway.

At that instant the radar picked up a luminous object and Fischer was asked to
go up and identify it.  At about 10,000 feet the pilot caught sight of the
object, and gave a description by radio to the base: an enormous streamlined
craft about 300 feet long and about 50 feet in diameter. The aerial whale
which was Fischer's title for it stayed horizontal for a long moment before
rising vertically and disappearing at great speed.

It was not a machine constructed by the hand of man, Fischer stated in his
report. On reading the report, Air Marshall Hermann Goering concluded that the
solitude of the north does not seem to have done much for this pilot. The
report of another interesting incident was carefully preserved in the archives
of the German Investiganion Committee: that of the launching of an
experimental rocket on February 12, 1944, at the Kummersdorf test center.

On that day the Minister of Propaganda, Joseph Goebbels, S.S. Reichsfuhrer
Himmler and S.S. Gruppenfuhrer Heinz Kammler were present at the launching
which was being filmed. Some days later the authorities at the base organized
a showing of the film. The astonished spectators, could see very clearly a
spherical body which followed the rocket and circled around it.

The authorities immediately suspected Allied espionage. However, an agent
informed Himmler that the English were themselves victims of the same sort of
phenomenon and thought that it was a new type of German prototype craft.
However, the most convincing evidence filed away by the Sonderburo came from a
military flying ace.

On September 29, 1944, at 10:45 a.m., a test pilot was trying out a new
Messerschmitt jet, ME 262 Schwalbe, when his attention was suddenly caught by
two luminous points situated on his right. He shot at full speed in that
direction and found himself face to face with a cylindrical object, more than
three hundred feet long with some openings along its side, and fitted with
long antennae placed in front up to about halfway along its length. Having
approached within about 1,500 feet of the craft the pilot was amazed to see
that it was moving at a speed of more than 1,200 m.p.h.



-* Don Allen *-  InterNet: dona@bilver.UUCP  // Amiga..for the best of us.
USnail: 1818G Landing Dr, Sanford Fl 32771 \X/ Why use anything else? :-)
UUCP: ..uunet!tarpit!bilver!vicstoy!dona  KING George Bush?? Just say NO!
UFO's in the GOVT getting us ready for OCTOBER of 1992?

Return to the main index