This bibliography is the one that was used by Fred Yoder and
Moonbear in our class on neo-Paganism and Witchcraft in November
of '87. Many people have contributed to this bibliography but we
would especially like to thank our dear friend Mike Mahoney, the
folks from Earth-Rite and from Thelema Net.
OUR TOP FIVE
"Drawing Down the Moon: Witches, Druids, Goddess Worshippers, and
Other Pagans in America Today" - by Margot Adler. Beacon
Press, Boston, revised ed. 1986
"Spiral Dance: A Rebirth of the Ancient Religion of the Great
Goddess" - by Starhawk. San Francisco, Harper & Row 1979
"Positive Magic" - by Marion Weinstein. Phoenix Publishing,
Custer Wa. revised ed. 1981
"Real Magic" - P.E.I. Bonewits. Creative Arts Book Co., Berkeley,
"The Complete Book of Witchcraft" - Raymond Buckland. Llewellyn
Publications, St. Paul, Mn. 1986
GODDESS and RELIGION
1. "When God Was a Woman" - Merlin Stone
2. "Holy Book of Women's Mysteries" (vol. 1 & 2) - Z. Budapest
3. "Mother Wit" - Diane Mariechild
4. "The Great Cosmic Mother" - Monica Sjoo & Barbara Mor
5. "Ancient Mirrors of Womanhood" (vol 1 & 2) - Merlin Stone
6. "The Woman's Encyclopedia of Myths and Secrets" - Barbara G.
7. "The Great Mother" - Erich Neumann
8. "The Book of Goddesses and Heroines" - Patricia Monaghan
9. "God Herself: The Feminine Roots of Astrology" - Geraldine
OUR BEST of THE REST
(Subject to personal whim)
1. "Earth Power" - Scott Cunningham
2. "The Tree - The Complete Book of Saxon Witchcraft" - Raymond
3. "Earth Magic - A Dianic Book of Shadows" - Marion Weinstein
4. "The Witches Speak" - Patricia and Arnold Crowther
5. "A Book of Pagan Rituals" - Herman Slater (ed.)
6. "Magical Herbalism" - Scott Cunningham
7. "Master Book of Herbalism" - Paul Beryl
8. "Eight Sabbats for Witches" and "Rituals" - Janet and Stewart
9. "The Way of the Shaman: A Guide to Power and Healing" -
10. "Jambalaya, The Natural Woman's Book of Personal Charms and
Practical Rituals" - Luisah Teish
11. "The Witches' Qabala" - Ellen Cannon Reed
12. "Futhark" - Edred Thorsson
13. "Goddeses and Gods of Ancient Europe, 6500 - 3500 BC." -
MYTHOLOGY and GENERAL INTEREST
1. "Witchcraft Today" and "The Meaning of Witchcraft"- Gerald B.
2. "Dreaming the Dark: Magic, Sex, and Politics" - Starhawk
3. "Magical Rites from the Crystal Well" - Ed Fitch
4. "The Witch Cult in Western Europe" and "The God of the
Witches" - Margaret Murray
5. "Witches" - Erica Jong
6. "Celtic Heritage" - Alwyn and Brinley Rees
7. "The Politics of Women's Spirituality: Essays on the Rise of
Spiritual Power Within the Feminist Movement" - (ed.)
8. "Prince of Annwn","Children of Llyr","Song of Rhiannon","The
Island of the Mighty" - Evangeline Walton (One of the better
retellings of the Welsh Mabinogi)
9. "The White Goddess" - Robert Graves
10. "The First Sex" - Elizabeth Gould Davis
11. "The Norse Myths" - Kevin Crossley-Holland
12. "The Way of Wyrd" - Brian Bates
13. "The Mists of Avalon" - Marion Zimmer Bradley
ARTS and CRAFTS
1. "The Complete Crystal Guidebook" - Uma Silbey
2. "Fortune-Telling by Runes" - David and Julia Line
3. "I-Ching: The Book of Changes" - tran. James Legge
4. "The Crone's Book of Words" - Valerie Worth
5. "Spiritual Cleansing: A Handbook of Psychic Protection" -
CONTACTS for FURTHER INFO
When contacting these groups please include S.A.S.E.
1. The Aquarian Tabernacle Church
The Center for Non-traditional Religion
P.O. Box 85507
2. CENTER for SHAMANIC STUDIES founded by Michael Harner
Workshops on shamanic training
P.O. Box 673, Beldon Station
Norwalk, CT 06852
3. CIRCLE SANCTUARY FARM
Publishes "Circle Network News" and "Circle Guide to Pagan
Resources" as well as coordinating several contact
networks for the entire Pagan community.
P.O. Box 219
Mt. Horeb, WI 53572
4. COVENANT of the GODDESS (a multitraditional federation)
Nationwide organization of covens and solitaries of
various traditons sharing in the worship of the Goddess
and the old Gods and subscribing to a common code of
P.O. Box 1226
Berkeley, CA. 94704
5. GODDESS RISING
Educating both men and women about psychic development
and feminist Witchcraft.
2441 Cordova St.
Oakland, CA 94602
6. THE OAKEN DOOR
Currently involved in networking, publishing "The
Vigil" and "Moonkind".
P.O. Box 31250
Omaha, NE 68132
7. PAGAN PARENTS LEAGUE
Organization of networking, information exchange and
mutual support among Pagans who have children.
P.O. Box 423-P
Bay Shore, NY 11706
8. RE-FORMED CONGREGATION of the GODDESS
Publishes "Of A Like Mind" newsletter and networking
forum for womyn's spirituality.
P.O. Box 6021
Madison, WI 53716
NEWSLETTERS AND MAGAZINES
1. ARACHNE - pub. by Matriarchy Research and Reclaim Network, a
network of women exploring spirituality and doing research.
ARACHNE, c/o A Woman's Place, Hungerford House, Victoria
Embankment, London WC2 England.
2. THE BARD - A hereditary Welsh journal of Celtic religion. A
family based journal. Published four times a year $9/yr.,
$3.50 for sample copy. Checks payable to: R.A. DeVowe
THE BARD, Annwn Temple of Gwynfyd, 5102 N. 16th Dr.,Lot #3,
Phoenix, AZ 85015.
3. BROTHERSONG - A journal for brothers of the earth. A bi-yearly
journal, pub. by Brothrs of the Earth, an organization
open to males of all ages, cultures, and sexual orienta
tions who are interested in exploring a positive male,
earth centered, and life-affirming spirituality.
BROTHERSONG - 2 issues and six bulletins/$20/year
Brothers of the Earth,P.O. Box 13158, Minneapolis, MN
4. CAER RHIANNON - Networking, training, and support. One person
involved with Caer Rhiannon is author Ed Fitch. Four
issues a year. $6/year, Checks payable to Jo Ann Adams.
CAER RHIANNON, P.O. Box 5261, Riverside, California 92517
5. THE CAULDRON - "An independent pagan journal of the old
religion", tries to present a broad range of pagan
thought. Pub. four times a year. $6/year U.S.(bills only)
THE CAULDRON - c/o M.A. Howard, 4 Llysonnen Cottages,
Llysonen Road, Carmarthen, Dyfed, SA 33 5ED Wales, United
6. CHILDREN OF THE EARTH - A newsletter by, for, and about Pagan
families. Subs. $5 for four issues.
CHILDREN of the EARTH, P.O.Box 116, Berkeley Springs,W.Va.
7. CIRCLE NETWORK NEWS - One of the largest and best known Pagan
newspapers, emphasising Wicca, shamanism, Goddess worship,
positive magic, and related Pantheistic ways. Pub.
quarterly, $9/yr bulk mail, $13/yr first class. $3 for
CIRCLE NETWORK NEWS, P.O.Box 219, Mt. Horeb, WI 53572
8. CONVERGING PATHS - A newsletter focusing on the traditional
ways of Wicca, its roots, and current directions. Pub.
four times a year. $13/yr
CONVERGING PATHS, P.O.Box 63, Mt. Horeb, WI 53572
9. THE DRUIDS PROGRESS - Ed. by P.E.I. Bonewits. Journal is
opinionated, intelectual, and fascinating. $20/yr for four
issues. Checks payable to P.E.I. Bonewits.
THE DRUIDS PROGERESS, P.O. Box 9398, Berkeley, CA 94709
10. GANYMEDE - The newsletteer of the Tayu Center for Gay
Spirituality Pub four times a year, Free to those
GANYMEDE, c/o Tayu Center, P.O.Box 11554, Santa Rosa, CA
11. GODDESS RISING - A journal of Womyn's Spirituality. Focus on
Dianic Wicce, ritual, and healing. $5 a year for four
issues, free to womyn in jail or who cannot pay.
GODDESS RISING, 4006 First Ave. NE, Seattle, WA 98105
12. HERESIES - A Feminist publication on art, and politics.
$15 for four issues.
HERESIES, 1306 Canal St. Station, New York, NY 10013-0867
13. INNER KELTIA - "The leading journal of the Keltic
renaissance" Articles, poetry, history, rituals and other
related topics. Each issue is $6 U.S.
INNER KELTIA, Kaer Eidyn, 8 Annandale St., Edinburgh, EH7
4AN, Alban (Scotland)
14. KINDRED SPIRITS QUARTERLY - An optomistic journal for Pagans
and all good friends of Mother Earth. Published in
Australia. Subs are $6 a year U.S. for four issues.$2 for
KINDRED SPIRITS QUARTERLY, P.O.Box 101 Bega, New South
Wales, 2550, Australia
15. THE LITTLEST UNICORN - A Pagan journal devoted to children,
their parents, and the child within each of us. Published
8 times a year, subs. $7/yr.
THE LITTLEST UNICORN, c/o The Rowan Tree, P.O.Box 8814,
Minneapolis, Minn. 55408
16. OF A LIKE MIND - A quarterly newspaper for spiritual womyn.
It has the best feminist spirituality listings found
anywhere. Subscriptions: sliding scale; $13/Nymph,
$21/Maiden, $33/Crone. Sample copy $3.
OF A LIKE MIND, P.O.Box 6021, Madison, WI 53716
17. PANEGYRIA - Articles, new, letters, legal reports,
contacts, reviews, and debate. $8/yr for eight issues.
Sample copy free on request
PANEGYRIA P.O.Box 85507, Seattle, WA 98145
18. PIPES OF P.A.N. - Published by Pagans Against Nukes.
Activist orgainization dedicated to the banishment of
nuclear technology from our Earth. A political and
spiritual synthesis. L7/yr for four issues international
money order or Sterling draft only.
PIPES OF P.A.N., "Blaenberem", Mynyddcerrig, Llanelli,
Dyfed, Cymru (Wales), SA15 5BL
19. THE PICTISH SHAMAN - "A periodical journal devoted to the
Druidical Shamanistic techniques of the Picts." Includes
poetry, tree lore, symbolism, Celtic meditation methods
and more. $6 an issue.
THE PICTISH SHAMAN, Kear Eidyn, 8 Annandale Street,
Edinburgh, EH7 4AN, Alban (Scotland)
20. SHAMAN'S DRUM - "A journal of Experiential Shamanism".
Published by the Cross-Cultural Shamanism Network.
Dedicated to promoting understanding between various
healing traditions, disciplines, and people. $15/yr U.S.
SHAMAN'S DRUM, P.O.Box 2636, Berkeley, CA 94702
21. THUNDERBOW - A National forum for Craft-Practitioner idea-
exchange and interface between Craft and non-Craft persons
having common interest or concerns. Subscriptions $6/yr.
THUNDERBOW, Church of Seven Arrows, 4385 Hoyt Street #
201, Wheatridge, CO 80033
22. THE VIGIL - published for the purpose of "preserving the
balance of nature in ourselves and our environs to
encourage and strengthen the common bond between all Earth
religions." Subscriptions $8.50/yr.
THE VIGIL, The Oaken Door, P.O.Box 31250, Omaha, NE 68132
23. THE WISE WOMAN - A national quarterly journal of feminist
issues, feminist spirituality, Witchcraft, and Goddess
lore. Articles, news, Pagan art and poetry, inspirational
women in the past and interviews. $6/yr $2 for sample.
THE WISE WOMAN, 2441 Cordova Street, Oakland, CA 94602
24. WOOD AND WATER - "A Goddess inclined Eco-Pagan magazine".
Mythology, legends, folklore, poetry, art, and news. L6/yr
airmail equivalent cash only, for four issues, sample 85p
WOOD AND WATER, 4 High Tor Close, Babbacombe Road, Bromley
BR1 3LQ, Kent, England, UK
25. THE LANTERN'S LIGHT - a midwest journal written for and by
Pagans including news, articles, poetry and ritual.
Subscriptions $18/yr for eight issues.
THE LANTERN'S LIGHT, c/o The Magick Lantern, 1715 Westport
Road, Kansas City, MO 64111
26. THE FAERIES LAMP - A new publication produced jointly by
Kansas City's "Council of the Southwind" and The Magick
Lantern. Published 8 times a year. For subscription rates
and further info contact Mike Nichols, c/o The Magick
Lantern, 1715 Westport Rd., Kansas City, Mo. 64111
27. GREEN EGG - 4 Quarterly issues at $12. Return of the
famous and infamous Green Egg journal one of the top
newsletters in the field, highly reccomended. Checks
payable to GREEN EGG. Mail to:GREEN EGG c/o CAW,
P.O.Box 1542, Ukiah, CA 95482